1.18.2013

Rose Of My Heart

My sweet husband snapped these photos the other day when it was super gloomy outside.
Best way to beat a gloomy day? Wear pink! It always works for me, anyway.

New Zealand has offered us some fun weather this past week.
It was super hot one day, rainy the next, and now it's (finally) cooled off a touch.
Although it is nice on super hot days to walk down to the beach for a swim.
Or a "go til the water is to your waist" swim. Yeah, I'll be the first to admit I'm a baby about cold water.
But it is refreshing on those toasty NZ days.

Anyway, here is what I wore on above-mentioned rainy day. ♥





 Dress: Fancy Treehouse | Shoes: Free People (borrowed from my sis

Oh, and I've finished Wildwood! I'm now on to the sequel, Under Wildwood.


I had heard mixed reviews of Wildwood, but I was so intrigued by the illustrations. I had to give it a read.
And I am so glad I did! I absolutely loved the story.
It's such a fun, quick and easy read full of talking animals and adventure.
The story took a bit of a "darker" turn than I was expecting (seeing that it was in the children's section of the library),
but I really enjoyed being surprised by the story.

So book #1 one of my book club reads : success!
Now we'll see how Under Wildwood goes.

Have a perfect weekend ♥

20 comments:

  1. That dress is gorgeous! Bright colours are definitely the best way to get over a grey day xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love your shoes.


    I'm interested in finding that book now. Darker turn and in the children's section? Intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute shoes, hun!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress to your bright hair! And your hair style is so cute!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy gorgeous dress, lady! You look beautiful. :) And I haven't heard of that book, but the cover is enough to interest me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful! I simply adore your hair ! <3

    Hugs,
    E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fishtails!

    I just checked out Wildwood from the library and started reading last night! I'm a sucker for good book covers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://dziendobry.tvn.pl/video/polak-ubiera-paris-hilton,107,newest,73859.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you look so wonderful. this dress is adorable <3 + im in love with your flatforms <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, your hair, your hair. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so lovely! That dress is so pretty and I LOVE your hair. I've been meaning to read Wildwood, I'm glad it's a good read!!

    xo inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour of your dress.
    And your shoes are so cute. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. those sandals are adorable as is your pink outfit! love it!

    xx
    anita

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are adorable and your hair is so pretty!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sure thing. i let you know when i make this post, but first i must find perfect jar :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet dress. I love the leaves in the background also, weird question but are they on a fence like a creeper or trees?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I only discovered your blog recently! It's so lovely, you have an adorable concept of personal style, love it :)

    nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete